ABOUT HIGH PERFORMANCE
The core purpose of Athletics Ireland High Performance Programme is to create a National High Performance Sports Programme that is unique to the sport, and will maximize Irish athletes’ potential to succeed on the international stage. The High Performance Programme is responsible for providing leadership and management to elite athletes and coaches.
For more information visit: hp.athleticsireland.ie
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job Title: National Teams Coordinator
Reports to: High Performance Director
Salary Range: The remuneration will commensurate with the level of expertise and experience.
Purpose of Role: This position will drive initiatives to support and assist the preparation of National Teams competing internationally for Athletics Ireland. The successful candidate will have an understanding of athletics and the sporting landscape, as well as, experience dealing with travel agents and logistics.
• The position is full time (35 hours each week). Generally, it is expected that 7 hours would be worked each day.
• The role is based at the head office of Athletics Ireland (AAI), currently Dublin.
• The position will incorporate the need for occasional weekend work and some international/national travel.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations / Administration
• Assist in the administrative needs of the High Performance Director and High Performance Programme.
• Respond to general enquiries and provide timely communication with all relevant individuals and organizations.
• Update all “Teams related” and High Performance areas of Athletics Ireland’s High Performance website.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of athletes, coaches, and support staff involved in High Performance activities.
• Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, clubs, supporting groups of Athletics Ireland, and other national federations.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned by the High Performance Director.
• Arrange and finalize logistics for international teams, tours, and national squads (incl: travel, accommodations, insurance).
• Liaise with the Selectors/Team Management to circulate information to all relevant person(s) on team selections.
• Complete all preliminary and final entries for international team competitions.
• Ordering and distributing team uniforms.
• Liaise with Team Managers/Coaches/Support Staff to ensure team arrangements are completed.
• Maintain an up to date comprehensive written package of processes and protocols for international teams, tours, and national squads.
• Create and seek debrief paperwork from athletes and team management after all international team competitions.
• Communicate to the Marketing Manager all team selections made for International competitions.
• Inform the Marketing Manager in a timely manner of any changes to selected team due to injury or availability of athletes