It’s been a very busy autumn on the development front in the North West. Well attended coaching, fit4life leader, Strength & Conditioning courses plus Regional Squads have been enthusiastically supported.
· Athletics Leader course at Finn Valley Centre attracted 27 coaches from the following clubs Rosses, Innishowen, Letterkenny, Killybegs, Tir Chonaill, Finn Valley, Milford, Lifford, Strabane, North Sligo and Olympian, Derry.
· Athletics Leader course at Monaghan Institute/Monaghan VEC -19 coaches attend
· Athletics Leader courses x 2 at Letterkenny IT for 1st Yr.BA/Sports Coaching students
· Fit4life Leaders Course ran in partnership with Donegal LSP had 33 leaders/coaches from the following clubs/community groups/schools present Innishowen, Finn Valley, Letterkenny, Milford, Tir Chonaill, Killybegs, Enniskillen, Colaiste Ailigh, Mulroy College, Maghery,Craoibhin Centre, Termon, Petigo Runners
· S&C – ‘Preparing to Train’ with William Moore from the Univ. of Ulster and supported by Donegal LSP, Donegal Co Board and Ulster Athletics Council had 28 coaches from the following clubs attend Sligo, Nth Sligo, Tir Chonaill, Finn Valley, Letterkenny, Rosses, Annalee[Cavan],Innishowen, Milford, Lifford. Follow up S&C day is planned for the 5th Jan 2013.William Moore will again tutor the sessions and the focus will be on ‘Training for muscle strength’
· Regional Squad Donegal Town 20th Oct - 40 athletes/coaches/parents from the following clubs attended - Nth Sligo, Finn Valley, Letterkenny, Lifford, Innishowen and Tir Chonaill. In the morning technique sessions in Hammer, High Jump and Sprint Hurdles were led by Garett Moffett, Sharon Foley, and Eamon Harvey. In the afternoon, following video analysis all athletes/coaches were involved in a fundamental conditioning programme which included intro to hurdle drills, medicine ball work, core, skipping/bounding/plyometric drills The next Squad session is planned for the 24th November
· Level 1 3/4th Nov and 1/2nd Dec –Donegal and Sligo venues –closing date for applications is 30th October
· Level 1 course for 2nd Yr BA/Sports Coaching degree students at the LYIT -closed
· Fit4life in Clones on Saturday 27th October - 10am to 1pm – places still available
· Regional Squads in Donegal and Shercock
· Primary Schools, Sports Hall Athletics in partnership with Co. Boards and Local Sports Partnerships