On Saturday 23rd February, William Moore, High performance Centre, University of Ulster in Jordanstown will lead a number of workshops/presentations on Training for Muscle Strength.
This is Williams 2nd visit to the North West, during the current winter period. The positive response and feedback from athletics coaches to the S&C Preparing to Train Day in October has been very positive with many requesting the planned follow up of 23rd February.
William Moore, Performance Services Co-ordinator, University of Ulster, will make a return visit to the North West on Saturday 23rd February where he will conduct a series of practical, inter active presentations/workshops:
DATE: Saturday 23rd February 2013
TIME: 11:00am to 4.30pm
VENUE: Finn Valley Centre
COST: €15:00 (payable to Athletics Ireland)
Training to improve muscle strength - topics covered:
- 45 minute recap on functional movement screening, going over the information from Session 1 in October 2012.
- Theory and science behind strength training and important programme design factors
- Interactive practical session going through the most productive exercises for strength development.
- Assessing strength with minimal equipment
- Split squat, deadlift and squat versions for lower body strength
- Push and pull exercises for upper body strength
- Integrating a core strength component into upper body exercises
- Support material on the day
- Hand outs of the presentation on the day and electronic copies of all accompanying articles. Attendees should bring a USB drive and get these over the course of the day.
- It is important that coaches read over all the support material/ articles provided on Day 1 back in October 2012. – In particular sections on Squat versions.
COST: €15:00pp (Cheques made payable to Athletics Ireland)
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 20th February for completed applications
For further information and return completed application forms to:
Athletics Ireland, RDO
MOB: 087 2797548