Please find details below re up coming workshops in February in the South West. For all workshops you simply come along on the day and pay €5 at registration. All workshops are open to athletes and coaches aged 11+.
- Wednesday 6th February Sports Psychology Workshop at LIT Tipperary on racecourse road in Thurles from 7-9pm. It will be run by Sports Psychologist Canice Kennedy.
- Wednesday 13th February Hurdles Workshop at Moyne AC Clubhouse, Moyne Co Tipperary from 7-9pm. It will be run by RDO Colin Byrne.
- Thursday 14th February Road Running/Endurance Workshop at Cork IT 7-9pm. It takes place upstairs in the red brick building next to the track stand. This will be run by Steven Macklin and will be an open forum to discuss all things related to endurance running. It will cover both track, cross-country and road running and will be a chance to interact with other coaches in the room and discover new ideas etc.
- Wednesday 20th February Strength & Conditioning Workshop at Cork IT 7-9pm. It takes place upstairs in the red brick building next to the track stand. It will be run by Gordon Brett a S&C expert from Munster Rugby. It will focus on Functional Screening for Athletic Performance and Injury Prevention.
- Saturday 23rd February Athletics Leader Course at Cork IT Track 9am-5pm. Anyone interested must register/pay online at this link https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/listings?view=OTHER.
- Wednesday 27th February Sprints Workshop at Moyne AC Clubhouse, Moyne Co Tipperary. It will be run by Munster Performance Squad Coach Shane McCormack.
Please pass on these details to all athletes and coaches in your clubs. For further workshops to be run in the future, there needs be be good support for these workshops.
For further information please contact RDO Steven Macklin at 0876335565 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.