National Indoor Club League 2017
NATIONAL INDOOR CLUB LEAGUE 2017
The Indoor Club League will be take place as follows:
Round 1: 14th January – International Arena, Athlone.
Round 2: 28th January – International Arena, Athlone.
Final: 4th February - National Indoor Arena, Abbotstown.
Entry Fee: Team €50.00 &Individuals €5.00. To enter click HERE
- Events Round 1 – 60m, 60m Hurdles, 800m, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put.
- Events Round 2 – 200m, 400m, 1500m, Triple Jump, High Jump.
- Final – 60m, 60mHur, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Triple Jump, High Jump, 4x 200m Team Relay event.
- Each Club may enter up to 2 Male and 2 Female Teams
- Athletes may only compete on 1 team throughout the competition.
- Four trials for Long Jump, Triple Jump and Shot Put.
- Four failures in total in High Jump and Pole Vault (Normal 3 consecutive failure elimination rule also applies).
- All teams compete together – no divisions. Men & Women teams will be scored separately
- Points will be awarded depending on the number of teams entered in the category.
- Top 6 men & women’s teams will qualify for the final
- Individual athletes will have a separate competition.
- Top Male and Female Team will be awarded a perpetual trophy.
- Athletes must be 16 years of age or ove r on the 31st December in the year of competition.
- Men must be 18 years of age or ove r on the 31st December in the year of competition to compete in the Shot Put.
- All Teams and Individuals for Round 1 must be entered with Team Names.
- Athletes may compete in a maximum of 1 track & 1 Field event in Rounds 1 & 2
- Athletes may compete in a maximum of 2 track & 1 Field or vice versa plus relay on Final day.
- In the event of a tied position, the countback rule will apply to wins etc..
- No guests allowed on Teams.
Individual competition will be available as before for the same events as in the League . All individuals should enter online.
New for 2017 is the AAI Indoor Endurance Initiative. This initative will focus on creating some high quality middle distance raced for athletes aged 16+ of all levels For more information click HERE