Want is Fit4Youth?
- The Fit4Youth programme is aimed at youths aged 12-19 who would like to get fit in a fun, non-competitive environment
- The Fit4Youth programme has been developed by former international athlete Geraldine Nolan, who launched it with great success in her local Kilkenny City Harriers club in 2013.
- Since then it has extended on a pilot basis to a small number of clubs, with similar results.
- The plan now is to extend the programme nationwide.
Want is the aim of the Fit4Youth Programme?
- Instilling and helping to foster an awareness of fitness and enjoyment of running over a set period of weeks, with the aim of building up to 5K in a ‘Learning to Run’ programme that is paced and carefully monitored, while increasing in incremental distances.
- Helping to foster a positive attitude to health and fitness that will become a life skill.
- To link up with a well-established self-development workshop to encourage confidence, motivation and positive attitude.
- Identifying talent and encouraging participants who may naturally have developed an interest/ aptitude with a more structured approach, or a particular event that best meets their needs.
How to Start a Fit4Youth Group in your Club?
- A series of workshops will be held to throughout the year to outline how Athletic Clubs can start up a Fit4Youth Programme.
- Clubs and Counties can forward an expression of interest in this new Fit4Youth initiative to:
- Pat Ryan, Director of Development email: patryan@athleticsireland mobile: 087 262 1310