Athletics Ireland Summer Games
Due to the reduced number of teams currently entered for the National League in comparison to previous years, that competition will be decided in a straight final for both Divisions to provisionally be held on August 15th.
In Place of the Rd 1 fixture scheduled for July 25th, Athletics Ireland will be Delivering the AAI Summer Games on July 25th at IT Carlow south sports Campus.
- Limit of 2 events max per athlete
- Athlete cannot compete unless their AAI membership is up to date.
- Closing date for entry 19th July 23:59
- Competition will be subject to COVID 19 prevention protocols.
- All athletes attending will be required to complete an electronic health questionnaire on the day of the event.
- Entry to the Venue will only be permitted at the stated time before your event TBC.
- Athletes will be required to leave the Venue immediately once their event is complete.
- Latest Travel restrictions and requirements on travel into Ireland are subject to change, for up-to-date information click HERE.
-Participation in the AI summer games is subject to these travel restrictions if arriving from abroad.
World Athletics Footwear Rule
- Athletes should note that competition will be run in accordance with World athletics rules on footwear. Shoes with a stack height (sole depth) of over 25mm are not permitted in any track events. Competition shoes should be presented at call room check-in. As far as we are aware all spikes are compliant with the rule, but many road running shoes cannot legally be worn on the track. Athletes will not be allowed to run in non-compliant shoes as it could void the results from the whole race. Athletes must be willing to submit their shoes for inspection before and/or after the race. A list of compliant and non-compliant shoes is available here but older models may not be included. Visit HERE.