Deep Heat and Deep Freeze Sponsor
Deep Heat Deep Freeze Great Ireland Run
Deep Heat and Deep Freeze, Ireland’s go-to heat and freeze pain relief therapy brands, have become the title sponsor of the 2020 Great Ireland Run which will take place in the Phoenix Park, Dublin on Sunday, April 5th. The event will be called the Deep Heat Deep Freeze Great Ireland Run.
Set in the iconic surroundings of Europe’s largest urban park, the Deep Heat Deep Freeze Great Ireland Run offers participants a truly inspiring celebration of running through the spectacular natural surroundings of a park filled with rich history and natural beauty. The Run is Ireland’s largest mixed 10k road race and is open to runners, joggers and walkers of all abilities.
Speaking at the sponsor announcement, Daragh Browne, Athletics Ireland Marketing Manager said: “We are really excited to have title sponsors Deep Heat and Deep Freeze partner with us for the 2020 Great Ireland Run. The Deep Heat and Deep Freeze brands believe in supporting everyone as they work towards achieving their own personal activity goals, and we are sure this will resonate with runners taking part in the event. Over 3,000 have already entered this year’s event and we see huge potential in growing this even further over the coming months with the support of Deep Heat and Deep Freeze.”
Kaye Mackay, Senior Brand Manager for Deep Heat and Deep Freeze said: “We are delighted to be the title sponsor of the 2020 Great Ireland Run. At Deep Heat and Deep Freeze we are strong supporters of athletics , our vision is to become a trusted training partner to all levels of runners – supporting their training journey through motivation, advice and a range of products that can help with warm up and cool down – pre and post-race. We see our partnership with the Great Ireland Run as an embodiment of what Deep Heat and Deep Freeze stands for in relation to supporting an active lifestyle.”
There is also an elite field of runners expected to compete on April 5th as there will also be a National 10K Championship Title on the line. There is expected to be increased competition for this year’s event with a new prize fund set to be announced in the coming days. There will also be added incentive for athletes as the winner of the 2020 Deep Heat Deep Freeze Great Ireland Run will earn International selection* for the European 10,000m Cup in Highgate on June 6th.
Last year’s winner Hiko Tonosa was on hand to help make the sponsorship announcement today and he is once again looking forward to competing at this year’s event, he said: “Last year was my first national title and I look forward to trying to retain it at the Great Ireland Run on April 5th”.
The Deep Heat Deep Freeze Great Ireland Run is open for entries, for more information visit www.greatirelandrun.ie. If you enter today, for €30 you receive an official AAI measured route, chip timed event, race t-shirt, medal and finish line goodies. This is the perfect time to #BeYourGreatest.
- The Deep Heat Deep Freeze Great Ireland Run is staged, under licence, by Dublin City Harriers and Athletics Ireland, who have been long time partners of the Great Ireland Run.
- *Selection for the European 10,000m Cup in Highgate dependant on athlete meeting selection criteria set out by Athletics Ireland. The first (1) finishing eligible athlete (male and female) at the 2020 AAI National 10km Championships, held in conjunction with the Deep Heat Deep Freeze Great Ireland Run, on April 5th will gain automatic selection, provided all other conditions of selection policy are met, including having achieved an entry standard as per section 4.7. https://www.athleticsireland.ie/high-performance/team-irl
- Prize fund to be announced 14th February 2020
- National 10K Championship Entry: https://athleticsireland.entry4sports.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fathleticsireland.entry4sports.com%2F
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/greatirelandrun/
- Mentholatum, the makers of Deep Heat and Deep Freeze, has a long history of developing muscle and joint health products, born out of research with consumers. That’s what makes the Deep family a trusted brand leader thanks to the range being based on insights and consumer driven needs. For more information please visit; https://www.mentholatum.co.uk/.