HER Outdoors Week
Athletics Ireland is delighted to be celebrating HER Outdoors Week which will take place from the 8th to 14th August 2022.
HER Outdoors week aims to celebrate and encourage more females to get out and enjoy the benefits of being in the outdoors while bringing visibility to the opportunities for females to get involved in outdoor Recreational, Trail and Mountain Running.
In conjunction with Sport Ireland and HER Outdoors week, Athletics Ireland is delighted to announce the availability of a Her Outdoors Club Grant Scheme.
As a way of encouraging and motivating females to engage in opportunities, Athletics Ireland is reaching out to affiliated Athletics Ireland Clubs to encourage them to apply for a grant to fund initiatives that are aimed creating opportunities for females to engage in Recreational, Trail and Mountain Running during Her Outdoors Week.
Applications will be considered up to a maximum €300, and there will be a total of five grants awarded to clubs. Please note that applications are being sought in a competitive bid process.
The grant can only be applied for by affiliated clubs only.
Clubs are asked to submit an application via the following link and demonstrate how their club application ties in with HER Outdoors week, and specifically aligns to the Find Your Outdoors philosophy.
To apply, please click HERE.
The closing date for completed application forms is 5pm on Thursday, 28th July 2022
HER OUTDOORS CLUB GRANT SCHEME - APPLICATION
Applications for funding will need to specifically focus on creating more opportunities for females to engage in outdoor Recreational, Trail and Mountain Running.
Clubs must target females, with a specific focus on females with a disability, females from diverse ethnic groups, older females, teenage girls or females from disadvantaged areas.
Applications are encouraged from AAI clubs that:
- have the potential to increase levels and frequency of participation in outdoor Recreational, Trail and Mountain Running in the local area.
- can act as showcases or successful demonstration events and which can be replicated by other clubs in the future.
- have the potential to develop into a sustainable, longer-term programme.
- are developing initiatives in or servicing designated disadvantaged areas.
- are developing initiatives for minority populations or groups with special needs.
- are developing initiatives beginning the week of HER Outdoors and, specifically aligns to the Find Your Outdoors philosophy.
In particular, the funding is aimed at:
• assisting local clubs to enhance existing opportunities for their local communities to become involved in outdoor Recreational, Trail and Mountain Running.
• assisting local clubs to initiate new programmes or events geared at involving women outdoor Recreational, Trail and Mountain Running.
Through this initiative, we hope that clubs will:
- Introduce outdoor Recreational, Trail and Mountain Running to new and existing members.
- Inspire more women to become physically active outdoors.
- Encourage non-members to participate.
- Create a sociable outdoors activity for members and non-members to do as a community.
- Create an inclusive outdoor activity for all to participate in.
- Support AAI clubs who offer women in sport activities outdoors.
- Encourage the education and training around outdoor physical activity leaders, leadership, coaching & mentoring