The Technical Committee shall comprise of 8 members appointed by the Board at its first meeting following Congress. The Board shall nominate one of the members as Chairman.
The Chairs of the Competition and Juvenile Committees shall be ex officio members of the Committee.
The Committee shall have power to co opt expertise.
The Committee shall have responsibility for the following:
- Training and certification of competition officials (including racewalking and road course measurement)
- Competition equipment (including electronic timekeeping, windgauges, false start detection, EDM, countdown clocks and related peripherals)
The Committee shall also have responsibility for the following in the area of Statistics and Records:
- Setting criteria and standards for the acceptance of records/statistics
- Updating national records
- Production of annual ranking lists
- Updating all-time ranking lists
- Providing statistical support to the selectors
- Providing statistical support as required to other committees
- Providing statistical support to the webmaster
- Other project work as identified by the Board.
The Committee shall appoint a Secretary at its first meeting.
The Committee shall report on its activities to the Board
The Committee shall meet at least 3 times annually
The Committee shall liaise, as appropriately, with all other principal committees including ISAA and IUAA.
The following is the membership based on their technical expertise both nationally and internationally:
John Cronin, Chair
Georgina Drumm, Chair of Competition
Jim Ryan, Chair of Juvenile Committee