Vision & Strategy
In 2005, Athletics Ireland adopted a professional operating structure to implement our vision and strategy.
This vision and strategy is focused on developing athletics as an educational and recreational activity while also raising the competitive standards of Irish athletes domestically and on the world stage.
Athletics Ireland’s vision is threefold:
Educational – We will help every child in Ireland experience athletics through the school curriculum. Our volunteers and staff will work alongside teachers to help children experience and enjoy athletics.
Recreational – We will promote athletics as a key part of a healthy lifestyle that contributes to a positive work/life balance.
Sporting – We will ensure that everyone with athletic talent reaches their full potential by providing the appropriate pathways, funding and coaching. We will also provide the competitive opportunities and programmes to assist Irish athletes compete with distinction on the world stage.
Athletics Ireland’s aims to:
- Increase participation in athletics
- Identify athletes with athletic talent and develop them to their full potential
- Support elite athletes to enhance their performances at international competitions
- To provide support to clubs and administrators
- Develop coaching expertise
- Develop and support personnel involved in officiating
- Provide appropriate competition for all members
- Promote the activities of our membership to a widespread audience
Find our more about our schools and juvenile athletics programmes
Discover more about your local club and events in your area
Get fit with our Fit4Life programme
Find our more about our high performance and elite athletes