Athletic Association of Ireland Congress Minutes 2023
Congress is always a special day and there were some important presentations, elections, motion discussions and acknowledgement of the incredible contributions made across our sport at our recent Congress in Tullamore.
One of the day’s highlights included Life Vice Presidents awards being presented to Paddy Marley, Caroline O’Shea, Dermot Nagle and Norah McDermott for their contribution to athletics.
The Minutes of Congress 2023 can be accessed here.
The new Board of Athletics Ireland will be composed of the following members, this is the first time that we have had a gender balanced Board. The gender balanced Board directly reflects our sport demographics, and we congratulate this new Board on their appointment and note that all Committee appointments are currently being finalised.
- John Cronin President
- Brid Golden Deputy President & Munster Rep
- Seamus Flynn Chair of Coaching & Development
- Andrew Lynam Chair of Competition
- Michael Quinlan Chair of Finance & Risk
- Fintan Reilly Chair of High Performance
- Amanda Hynes Chair of Juvenile
- Marion McEvilly Connacht Rep
- Greg Duggan Leinster Rep
- Brendan McDaid Ulster Rep
- Mary Barrett ISAA
- Laura Brennan IUAA
- David Abrahams Athletics NI
- Greta Hickey Co-optee
- Nuala Hunt Co-optee
- Claire Shannon Co-optee