Endurance coach Network day 2022
Athletics Ireland are delighted to announce the Endurance coach Network day 2022. A line up of our top Irish Endurance coaches will present on various topics throughout the day. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and network among the Irish Endurance community. The Endurance Coach Network day is aimed at development coaches, but all are welcome. This network day will bring coaches together, to gain & share knowledge. Some of the key speakers and topics on the day include :
- Gerard O'Donnell- Strength and conditioning strategies for performance and health with Dublin Track Club athletes.
- Emmett Dunleavy- Lactate testing, field testing in lieu of a full physiological indoor test, testing of the anaerobic system.
- Joe Ryan- Development and transition of middle distance athletes from youth to senior- John Fitzsimons and Cian McPhilips.
- Niamh Richardson- Creating the right environment and overcoming adversity.
- Nutritional considerations for the endurance athlete.
- Matt Lockett- Endurance Coach for GCH and NUIG Athletics Club. Athletics Ireland’s National Endurance Coordinator.
- Round table discussion opportunities with all speakers.
Date: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1st 2022
Venue: Dublin City University Campus (near the Helix, DCU).
Full line up of Speakers, including lunch.