High Performance Endurance Project launched
Athletes have been invited to form part of an Endurance Project squad. Selected athletes that accept their place will be invited to training camps, workshops, and receive communication around athlete education. The aims of the project are to:
- Improve the performance and retention of Irish endurance athletes with a focus on supporting the transition from junior athlete into successful senior.
- Provide collective training and athlete/coach education opportunities in key areas of athlete development.
- Provide communication channels and a more connected endurance performance athlete community.
- Contribute to the overall HP strategy
- Ultimately increase the number of athletes capable of competing at the highest level and delivering individual, or team medals, at Global and European Championships.
Carded athletes will automatically be included but are still asked to complete the attached form. A list of selected athletes is included in the Information document, linked here. The athletes currently on the squad are based upon performances from 2017 and 2018 plus those showing exceptional progress in indoor season. The squad will be updated in the Autumn to take into account 2019 performances and again after the All Ireland Cross Country Championships in November. Any athlete that based on the selection policy and standards feels that have a performance that merits selection should contact the national endurance coordinator via email@example.com stating their name , age, club, DOB, and the performance including location and date. An updated list will be published in the Autumn. Note: NCAA based athletes have been included on the list. Although they may not be a position to participate in much of the squad activity they are encouraged to accept their place as improving communication channels and improving their post collegiate integration into Irish endurance community is an important strand of the project.