Irish Life Health Family Mile Challenge
With the welcome return to sport, Irish Life Health has launched the Family Mile Challenge with Athletics Ireland, to encourage families to continue to be active together. Research has shown that parents play a really important role in their child’s participation and enjoyment of sport.
By running a mile on the 26th & 27th of June, families can celebrate in the joy of being out in the fresh air together and parents can support their kids to keep active. The weekend challenge coincides with the Irish Life Track and Field national championships which will be the last opportunity for Ireland’s elite athletes to secure Olympic qualification.
All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Registration: Register for the Irish Life Health Mile Challenge
- Family Pack: Once registered, you will receive a link to a family fun resource pack and training plans.
- Family Pledge: We will send you an email race week asking your family to make a pledge to complete your virtual mile.
- Run or Walk your Irish Life Health Family Mile on June 26th or 27th.
- There is no obligation to submit a time for this event.
- Tag @athleticsireland and @irishlifehealth in your Mile Challenge selfies using #FamilyMileChallenge
And there is a chance to win some great spot prizes just by registering so make sure to sign up early Winners will be announced the week of June 28th.
Family Mile Challenge Spot Prizes:
- Family Mile Packs
Member of an Athletics Club?
Take part in the #FamilyMileChallenge and you could also win some great prizes for your club!
Sign up and share your family mile photos using #FamilyMileChallenge by Sunday 28th @5pm and you could win:
- 1 of 4 €100 sports vouchers
- A training session with Thomas Barr for your club
All participants will have the option to purchase a technical 'Mile Challenge' t-shirt and medal.
Click HERE to sign up today! #FamilyMileChallenge