Preparing for a return to club activity
Athletics Ireland has released provisional competition dates in the expectation of competition resuming this summer. Restricted club training may be possible when conditions improve and restrictions ease.
It’s important that our athletes are prepared for a return to activity. Many clubs are currently assisting young athletes with home training schedules. These athletes will be well placed to resume regular club training when it eventually returns. We’re aware that numerous other clubs are keen to take this route and we’re circulating these resources to assist the coaches and athletes. These activities cover all the event groups and will help improve fitness and conditioning.
Please circulate these to your club members that are involved in juvenile athletics.
If you have any queries please contact your Regional Development Officer, contact details can be found via the link below.
- Pat Ryan, Athletics Ireland Director of Coaching & Development
- Contact Your Local Regional Development Officer: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/clubs/regional-development-team
- AAI Coaching Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClAxGEgTi0oypoKv7EC83cw
- Virtual Resources: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/runzone/recreational-running-tips
- Provisional Fixture List: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/downloads/results/2021_Fixture_List_overview.pdf