Agility, Balance, Co-ordination
- The Little Athletics programme introduces young children (5-10 years) to athletics in a fun, engaging and non-competitive environment.
- It focuses on the use of games to develop fitness whilst enhancing agility, co-ordination and balance - all fundamental to longer term physical athletic development.
- The Little Athletics programme is delivered in athletic clubs nationwide by Athletics Leaders - adults trained through the Athletic Leader coaching qualification courses
- Throughout the year there are four regional Jamborees with clubs coming together for fun challenges. Agility Challenges are held throughout the year between local clubs
- For further information on Little Athletics or the Athletic Leader qualification please contact your local Athletics Ireland Development Officer