Starting a Club
Athletics Ireland can provide all the support and expertise needed to form a new athletics club.
Our Development Team offers:
- Guidance and support from the local RDO (Regional Development Officer) Team CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
- Three free places on Athletics Leader or Assistant Coach course
- On completion of Athletics Leader course by three people, a bag of Little Athletics equipment
How to set up a new Athletics Club
- A new club needs 10 members, four of whom must be over 21.
- A new club must elect a chairman, secretary, children’s officer, registrar and treasurer.
- A new club must submit an application to their county board to receive clearance to form the new club.
- A new club’s application should contain a copy of the club constitution
- The county board informs Athletics Ireland in writing that the club application has been approved.
- A new club then applies to Athletics Ireland to become a member.
- A new club’s registration charge with Athletics Ireland is €150 per annum.
- The cost of registering a member is €17 for adults and €12 for under-18s.
- Athletics Ireland will forward a password to the club secretary to allow the new club register members online.