Administration and Management
A suitable structure is essential for any club to achieve success and continually develop.
- The introduction and implementation of a good committee is imperative as it ensures that not all work is left to one person but is managed and shared, ensuring more efficient running of the club.
- The best way to start this is to involve as many people as possible in the administration of the club.
- This will spread the workload out and avoid overburdening any individuals.
The role of the club administration and management is to:
- Manage the operation and affairs of the club
- Enhance the club’s activities by adopting proper policies and practices
- Oversee correct usage of club resources
- Implement a child safeguarding policy
- Develop a health and safety statement and policy
To achieve success a club must have:
- Proper structures
- Good coaching
- A positive opening and welcoming attitude by all
- Effective leadership
- Proper delegation
- Good teamwork
- Child centred and athlete focussed environment
- Correct financial management