Job Opportunity: National Sprints Coordinator
Athletics Ireland is the National Governing Body for Athletics in Ireland. Athletics Ireland’s Head Office is based at 19 Northwood Court, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9. Athletics Ireland is a company limited by guarantee with approximately 35 employees. The core purpose of Athletics Ireland High Performance Programme is to create a National High Performance (HP) Programme that is unique to the sport and will maximize Irish athletes’ potential to succeed on the international stage. The High Performance Programme is responsible for providing leadership and management to elite athletes and coaches.
For more information visit: www.athleticsireland.ie/high-performance
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job Title: National Sprints Coordinator
Reports to: Athletics Ireland Performance Director
Purpose of Role: To drive the further development of the sprints event group in Ireland at Performance level
- The position is full time (37.5 hours each week). Generally, it is expected that 7.5 hours would be worked each day.
- The role is Dublin based, with time required to be spent at the head office of Athletics Ireland (AAI), and at Sport Ireland Institute (SII).
- The position will incorporate the need for weekend and evening work and international/national travel.
- Candidates should have a strong background in performance sprinting, and should have a thorough understanding of the sport and the event group at Development through to Performance levels.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline: 5pm on Friday July 1st 2022
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com with the subject line of:
[ATTN: Sprints Coordinator Role]
Please provide the following when submitting your application:
- Letter of introduction detailing skills and experience relevant to the selection criteria.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining your skills and work experience.
- Salary scale will be commensurate with skills and relevant experience.
Position Location: Athletics Ireland Head Office at 19 Northwood Court, Santry, Dublin 9.
- Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.
- The post is fulltime at 37.5 hours per week (9-5.30pm) with a performance review after six months.
- Position Tenure: Six months’ probation, 2 year fixed-term full-time contract.
- The post is Dublin based with travel as appropriate.
- Applications including a cover letter and curriculum vitae should be sent by email for the attention of the Athletics Ireland Human Resources Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is Friday the 1st of July.
- Athletics Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.