National Senior Championships incorporating the U23 Championships
For PDF version click HERE.
For Flipbook version click HERE.
Preview of this Weekend's Action
148th National Championships set to continue illustrious history. Read full preview HERE.
We are live streaming the National Seniors & U23 Track & Field Championships on our Youtube Channel. Coverage starts from 11am Saturday 22nd which will include footage of the Women's Hammer which starts at 10:30.
Day 1 Saturday 22nd COMPLETE
Day 2 Sunday 23rd COMPLETE
Session 5 Live coverage on RTE 2 Sunday 23rd August from 5:30pm - 7:55pm or visit RTE PLAYER.
For full entries for Weekend 1 & 2 click HERE.
2020 Irish Top 20
For top lists for 2020 outdoors HERE
Athlete Check In
To check in for the Irish Life Health National Senior (incorporating U23) T/F Championships please click HERE.The check-in for the National Senior Championships will open on Saturday morning 22nd at 6:00am through Entry4sport entry system.
Track, High Jump & Pole Vault check in closes 90 mins before event. All other field events close 60 mins before event.
Update 21st August
The Government has confirmed an extension to the lockdown restrictions in Kildare for an additional two weeks.
The implications of this decision mean that at this stage any residents of Kildare cannot attend the National Track and Field Championships as athletes or officials. We appreciate that this news will be disappointing for all concerned.
Special Government advice for those living in Kildare can be found at HERE.
Athletes from Laois and Offaly can now compete over both weekends and have been emailed with the relevant information.
For more Covid-19 related updates please visit our dedicated page HERE.
National Senior Championships incorporating the U23 Championships (22nd/23rd/29th/30th August, Morton Stadium)
- Competition will be closed to all spectators.
- Athletes, officials and event staff only permitted on site.
- Competition will take place in two separate sessions each day. There will be a strict requirement for athletes to leave the facility as soon as possible at the end of each session. The stadium will be cleared between sessions. For allocation of events per session please see HERE.
- There will be no parking available at Morton Stadium.
- Athletes based overseas wishing to take part must have completed 14 days of self-isolation prior to the event and have proof of travel dates.
- All athletes entered to the senior championships who are U23 (born 1998,1999,2000) will be automatically included in the U23 championships. Separate entry is not required.
- U23 medals will be awarded on position in the final, if a medallist position(s) is not available in a track final then it/they will be awarded on the best time in the heats.
- An athlete may win a senior medal and U23 medal within the same track/field event.
- U23 Men & women walks and U23 men weight for distance 35lbs will take place in conjunction with the Junior Championships.
- Junior Men & Women 5000m Championships incorporated.
- Entries will open on Wednesday the 29th July and close 9th of August.
- Timetable will be published when entries close, events may change sessions depending on numbers of athletes entered to events.
- There will be no relay events at the Championships.
- Events will be live streamed on both days.
- Competition will be subject to strict COVID 19 prevention protocol, details of which will be announced in due course.
National Championships Update August 11th 2020
The 2020 Irish Life Health National Senior and U23 Track and Field Championships will take place over two successive weekends at the Morton Stadium in Santry later this month. This year's championships will be run across nine sessions in Santry - three on August 22, and two each on August 23rd ,29th, and 30th.
To All Athletes and Officials, please note the important event information below that will form part of your self-declaration on the day of your upcoming competition.
1. Any athlete or official that has been abroad (off the island of Ireland) must have completed 14 days of self-isolation prior to competing at the Championships. Proof of travel dates may be requested by Athletics Ireland. Note- for best practice this self-isolation requirement also applies to anyone who has travelled to green list countries.
2. Residents of Counties that are in government lockdown due to Covid19 for the Championship dates cannot travel to the event as athletes or officials. We note that some athletes or officials may be affiliated to Clubs in the Counties that are locked down but they may not reside in the County of their Club. In this case non-resident athletes or officials are eligible to attend the Championships if they do not reside in a locked down County.
Please click the link below to view the timetable of events for each day. Further information and timings will be provided in the coming days.
Click HERE for timetable.
We thank you all for your understanding and patience as we confirm final details around these events.
To enter please click HERE. Entries will open on Wednesday the 29th July and close 12th of August with a late entry window available until the 16th of August. No entries will be accepted after this date.
UPDATE 5/8/20: Entries for the National Senior (incorporating U23) T&F Championships will now close at midnight Sunday 9th August (one week earlier than announced).This change has come due to the recent announcement from the government, please see HERE. We would encourage any athletes who still intend to enter the Irish Life Health National Senior T&F Championships (Incorporating the National U23 Championships) to please do so as early as possible. Your cooperation in this matter is necessary to facilitate decision making about the Championships in the coming days. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this situation and through this difficult time.
Entries are now closed.
Click HERE for parking for Morton Stadium events. More parking details to follow.
Irish Life Health National Championships Sponsor
With an Irish Life Health BeneFit Plan, it pays to feel well.
As part of Benefit Plan from Irish Life Health, Athletics Ireland members can enjoy claiming €50 back on annual club membership, be it your own or your child’s.
Members can also claim up to €50 on those other running essentials including fitness wearables and sports massages.
More Information Available HERE.