Track and Field Live is back!
Athletics Ireland has announced the return of ‘Track and Field Live’, the fast-paced athletics meetings which blend juvenile, recreational, and high-performance focused events into an exciting evening of indoor track and field action.
The ‘Track and Field Live’ Indoor Tour will see EIGHT events take place across three venues, including:
- Sport Ireland National Indoor Arena
- TUS International Indoor Arena Athlone
- Nenagh Olympic Indoor Track
‘Track and Field Live’ has grown exponentially over the last number of years and the 2023/24 edition promises to sell out once again. Over the past 6 seasons over 6000 participants have enjoyed running, jumping, and throwing at Ireland’s top class indoor facilities.
Highlights from previous events included a European U20 indoor mile record for Nicolas Griggs, a new national U20 pole vault record for Conor Callinan, as well as a World Record (W55- 1500m) for Anne Gilsenan over 1500m.
The first ‘Track and Field Live’ meet of the 2023/24 season will take place on Wednesday 29th of November at the Sport Ireland Arena.
Meet Director, Athletics Ireland David Matthews said: “The 7th season of Track & Field Live promises to be our biggest to date and we look forward to getting up and running with the first event of the Indoor Tour at the Sport Ireland National Indoor Arean on Nov 29th.
He continued: “This indoor season we’ve EIGHT meets across three indoor venues. I’m delighted to announce we will be adding a sustainable participation medal for ALL juvenile athletes who take part in the events. We’ve designed 3 bespoke medals to represent the 3 world class venues across the country. Once again admission is free to the venues and we’ll once again be live streaming for anyone who can’t make it along in person”.
- All events sold out during the 2022/23 season and any interested athletes are advised to enter early.
- Entries will open 1 month in advance of each meet.
- ‘Track and Field Live’ events are Athletics Ireland hosted and permitted events.
- 29th Nov – Sport Ireland NIA (Entries open)
- 7th Dec – TUS Athlone
- 13th Dec – Sport Ireland NIA
- 10th Jan – Sport Ireland NIA
- 25th Jan – TUS Athlone
- 3rd Feb – Nenagh (Juvenile Only Event)
- 7th Feb – Sport Ireland NIA
- 28th Feb – Sport Ireland NIA
TEST YOURSELF AT THIS INNOVATIVE NIGHT OF ATHLETICS
- Multiple races held at each event
- Track and Field Programme
- Races open to all standards
- Juvenile and adult Competition
- All events ability-based
- Electronic Timing
- FREE admission for spectators
- AAI Permitted Event
- Participation medals for Juvenile athletes
ENTER HERE: https://entry.athleticsireland.ie/#/
- Meet Director: David Matthews
- Live Stream: Details coming soon