Irish Life Health Mile Challenge
The Irish Life Health Mile Challenge will set out to see what county and club can take the prize of the fastest and fittest. The weeklong challenge will start on Monday the 17th August, the 35th year anniversary of when four of Ireland’s top milers, ran a 4x1-mile relay world record in Dublin. The full media release is available HERE.
Runners simply need to find a flat bit of ground, run their virtual mile, and clock their time. A four-week on-line training programme for beginners, intermediate and advanced will be provided by the Athletics Ireland’s coaching team. For athletics clubs who take part they could be in with a chance to win a €1,000 bursary by recording the fastest mile relay (male and female). While the County Mile Challenge will uncover the fittest and most active county with an additional prize fund of €2,000 on offer..
Registration: Free To Enter Event
- Register for the Irish Life Health Mile Challenge at https://eventmaster.ie/event/A4BUjlIlv .
- Submit your time between August 17th and August 23rd.
- 1 submitted time accounts for 1 mile logged for your club and county.
- See where you ranked on the Virtual Leader Board.
Club Mile Challenge Prize Fund (Only available to Athletics Ireland Registered Members):
- €1000 bursary on offer the club that runs the best Mile Relay Time (4x Mile) by male (€500) & female team (€500). Just include your club during the registration process and you will be automatically added to your club relay team. The four fastest times from each club will be used to calculate the fastest male and female teams.
- €2000 bursary* which will be assigned via an open draw for a club from the most active county**. Each club must have at least 10 athletes registered to qualify to win part of the €2000 open draw prize.
* €2000 Bursary: €500 will be awarded to a club in each province via the open draw.
**One submitted time = One mile completed (for most active county calculation, only per mile per person).
No fitness tracker? No problem!
Download the FREE MyLife App and you can be sure that you've completed your mile.
Looking to run your first or your fastest mile? Click HERE for a 4 week training plan suited to all levels.