Host clubs wanted for 2021 Irish Life Health Summer Camp Programme
Athletics Ireland is seeking clubs to take part in the 2021 Irish Life Health Summer Camp Schedule. 2020 saw the seventh year of the Summer Camp Programme. In 2019 the Summer Camp Programme ran across 24 clubs nationwide. The camps were a resounding success with over 2,300 participants taking part across 15 counties. In 2020 we were able to successfully run four covid compliant Summer Camps.
The camps have proven to be a great way for clubs to not only entertain their current juveniles but also as a means to attract new members to the club. All participants are treated to a weeklong schedule of run, jump, and throw activities and are given a chance to try out disciplines that they may not have experienced before. Participants receive a Spike Bag, Water bottle, Technical T-Shirt, Medal, and Certificate of Participation.
What do Athletics Ireland Provide?
- All materials necessary to promote the camp; flyers, posters, and roadside signs.
- They will also provide the funding for adverts to be placed in local newspapers.
- Spike Bag, Water bottle, Technical T-Shirt, Medal, and Certificate of Participation for participants.
- Polo shirts will be supplied for the camp Leaders.
- Free online registration. All camp sign-ups will be made through Athletics Irelands online booking system.
- Insurance for each camp.
What is required from the host club?
- The host club will be required to provide the venue for the camp. They are also required to provide the coaches to deliver the camp. Athletic leader training will be provided to those who require it. In the past clubs have had great success in developing their 17+ year old athletes in to coaches on the camps.
- The camps cost €65 per participant, with a reduced cost of €55 for each additional child in a family. The takings from the camp are split 50:50 between Athletics Ireland and the host club. This will enable the club to pay their coaches and cover the costs of venue rental where appropriate.
Date & Times
- This is a 5-day camp that usually runs between 10:00 - 14:00. The host club can choose to run their camp on any week in July or August.
If you would like to apply for your club to be part of the 2020 camp schedule or if you require more information, please contact Róisín Lande at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 085 8084864.
Irish Life Health Summer Camp Sponsor
With an Irish Life Health BeneFit Plan, it pays to feel well.
As part of Benefit Plan from Irish Life Health, Athletics Ireland members can enjoy claiming €50 back on annual club membership, be it your own or your child’s.
Members can also claim up to €50 on those other running essentials including fitness wearables and sports massages.
More Information Available HERE.