Support Coach Network
Club coaches are an integral part of our sport and we are here to support you.
We have developed the New Support Coach Network, which aims to develop, upskill and improve the existing knowledge within clubs. It is designed to provide an opportunity for Club coaches to work alongside experts across a number of events. The Network consist of coaches that specialise in Sprints, Hurdles, Long & High Jump, and the full complement of Throws. These coaches are available to visit your local club to share their expertise.
The vast majority of past and current international athletes started out with a club coach just like you, and by engaging with this Network we can work collaboratively to boost the standards in training and quality of our sport for both clubs and athletes.
This network is open to all levels of coaches, from those new to the sport to those more advanced coaches, it also suits clubs who are looking to broaden the number of events they are participating in for example; Shot putt / LJ / HJ / Jav / Sprints / Hurdles. This Network aims to boost coaches’ confidence in their training techniques and broaden the choices available within clubs.
Support Coach and Competition Days
We are delighted to announce the inaugural Support Coach and Competition programme will be held in the National Indoor Arena.
It is designed to provide an opportunity for Club coaches to work alongside experts across a number of events. We will also provide an element of competition to your Athletes in a relaxed environment at the end of the session in comfort of the arena.
Support Coach and Competition Days UPDATE:
It is with regret that Athletics Ireland must notify you of the postponement of the upcoming Support Coach & Competition Days 1 & 2.
In the interest of public health and safety the Athletics Ireland Covid Committee have come to this decision.
This is ONLY a postponement of Day 1 & 2; we are working with the appropriate bodies to have these days available in early January/February. Currently Day 3 of the programme is set to remain on the 29th of January.
All updates on this matter will be posted on our website. All those who have registered for the programme will be notified. For all queries please contact Davidmatthews@athleticsireland.ie.
Is to upskill club coaches so that they feel supported and can more confidently work with their own athletes. We would also like you to bring back the knowledge and to share with other individuals in the club.
The experience & expertise of the Support Coaches in each event on the day will be available to the Club coaches. We want to create an environment where coaches can support each other.
The Cost: €75
Each Coaching Ticket includes:
- 3 Coaching days National Indoor Arena : Day 1&2 DATES TBC, Day 3: 29th Jan @ 10am -1pm (10.00-11.30 Support Coach 11.30-13.00 Competition)
- Option to bring 5 Club athletes to the Competition.
- Event specific resources will be identified and made available to club coaches.
- The athletes must be a minimum 12 years of age (Post Primary school going) and a maximum of 16 years of age and ideally have some or a little experience of the events on the day.
- Athletes will participate in 2 (or more) events and benefit from the expertise of the experienced Support Coaches.
- A Club can send as many coaches as they like but there will be a limit of a total of 50 Club coaches per session – so 1st come 1st served.
- If a Coach is unable to do all three days another coach can avail of the session (ie the Coaching Ticket is transferable).
- Different athletes can come along each day or the same 5 each day.