Take part in the Virtual Family Mile during the European Week of Sport 2020.
Families are invited to sign up to the new Virtual Family Mile supported by Sport Ireland as part of the European Week of Sport which will this year take place between September 23rd and 30th. European Week of Sport aims to promote sport and physical activity in countries across Europe.
The week is for everyone, regardless of age, background or fitness level. With a focus on grassroots initiatives, the aim is to inspire Europeans to #BeActive on a regular basis and create opportunities in peoples’ everyday lives to exercise more.
Being Active leads to:
- Increased health benefits
- Better mental health
- Feeling great
- Increase in productivity
There will be some changes this year given the ongoing worldwide pandemic, however sport and physical activity is more important now than ever before and we will celebrate it.
With that, Athletics Ireland and Sport Ireland are now calling on all families around the country to get involved and #BeActive by getting out to walk or run a mile in their locality between September 23rd – 30th. The Virtual Family Mile is completely FREE to enter and participants also have the option to purchase a special Family Mile medal should they wish to mark the achievement.
Everyone taking part in the Virtual Family Mile is encouraged to tag @sportireland in your social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter while using the hashtag #BeActive
Looking to run your first ever mile? Click HERE for a free training plan to help you on your way.
You can now submit your race time for the Virtual Family Mile event. Once uploaded, your race time will be checked, validated and added to the virtual event leaderboard. Please note that race time submission for this event is only available between September 23rd - 30th.
Follow these steps to submit your race time:
- Log into your "Manage My Booking" Account (if your account is not yet activated, click here to view instructions on how to activate it)
- Click on "View Order" in you Virtual Family Mile event entry
- Click on the button "Submit Race time"
- Enter your race time through the dropdown menu
- Upload proof (screenshot/picture) showing that you ran this time
- Tick the box to confirm your submission is correct
- Click on the "Submit" button
- Click here to view a video with instructions on how to upload your race time.
- Once your race time has been checked and approved, your time will show on the virtual leader board. Click here to view the leaderboard.
Click HERE for Virtual Family Mile FAQs
Well done to everyone who competed in our Virtual Family Mile during the European Week of Sport 2020!
You can download your certificate of participation HERE.