Competition Rules & Regulations
The Association is the governing body for Post-Primary Schools athletics in Ireland and as such is the controlling body of schools athletics.
It is made up of the provincial associations in Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster.
Age groups for boys and girls shall be as follows:
- Minor: Under 14 on 1st July in the year of competition
- Junior:Under 15 on 1st July in the year of competition
- Intermediate: Under 17 on 1st July in the year of competition
- Senior: Under 19 on 1st January in the year of competition
- Acceptable dress is a white or plain singlet, or a school singlet.
- Club singlets, International singlets, fancy T-shirts or unacceptable logos may not be worn
- Athletes may not run in bare feet.
Devices: No ipods or any other communication device may be used
The I.A.A.F. Rule-book shall be used unless otherwise stated. In the event of any conflict between the rules of the I.A.A.F. and the rules set out herein, these rules shall have precedence.
Handbook 2023: To view the handbook for all the schools competition rules & regulations, please click here: