Organising a Road Race
Athletics Ireland has a Road Race Licence System and On-line entry service to help you to promote and run your road race.
Road Race Licence
The Athletics Ireland Road Race Licence is a system whereby the governing body helps to ensure that the essential organisational requirements for a road race are in place to ensure the safety of all concerned and consistency in race organisation standards across the country. We can help you through the key steps in applying for a licence. Read more information about licencing HERE.
- Please click HERE for Club Permit Application (where club is sole beneficiary of funds)
- Please click HERE for Charity/ Small Organisation Permit Application (for small charities, fundraisers. Evidence of insurance needed)
- Please click HERE for Primary Schools Permit Application (participants are primary school pupils. Insurance covers up to 500 pupils)
- Please click HERE for Commercial/ International Permit
Benefits of Athletics Ireland Road Race Licence
- The Athletics Ireland Road Race Licence is useful for the event organiser when communicating with the local Gardai, who assist in the area of Traffic Management, Road Closures etc.
- The Athletics Ireland Licence also provides insurance cover up to €6.5m. If entries exceed 1000, additional insurance cover will be required and can be purchased through the Athletics Ireland Insurance Broker
- Key steps in applying for a Licence
- Full Road Racing Handbook
- AAI Approved Course Measurers