DNA Indoors Selection Policy Released
Selection Policy for the DNA Indoors Glasgow 2022 has been published here. The six-way Dynamic New Athletics (DNA) Indoor match will take place on 5 February.
The two hour-long match at the Emirates Arena will feature a team from hosts Scotland against Home Nation rivals England and Wales with international opposition provided by teams from Ireland, Spain and Turkey.
The programme is made up of eleven events - five individual track events, three relays and three field events - and concludes with the winner-takes-all mixed-gender medley relay which is known as The Hunt.
The concept is broadly similar to the format which debuted at the 2019 European Games in Minsk where Ukraine pipped Belarus in the deciding event after being tied on points prior to The Hunt.
The scoring format is simple with each team gaining 12 points for a win and going down in two point increments all the way to two points for a sixth-place finish.
What is Dynamic New Athletics Indoor?
- 6 Teams: Mixed men and women, up to 18 athletes in each team, focus on team tactics and strategy.
- 2 Hours: Fast-paced sequence of events, only one event taking place at a time.
- 11 events: Focus on run, jump and throw, traditional and new formats presented in a new way.
- Easy scoring: Everything counts. Two to 12 points for each event - 12 points for 1st place to 2 points for 6th place.
- Winner: The last event (the Hunt) will decide the overall winners
Programme of events (subject to change)
- Women - 60m, 60m hurdles, 800m, long jump
- Men - 60m, 60m hurdles, high jump, shot put
- Mixed gender - 4x400m, 2x2x200m, The Hunt (800m women, 600m men, 400m women, 200m men)
More information on DNA Indoor can be found on the event website here.