- The Athletic Association of Ireland (Athletics Ireland) is the governing body for the sport of Athletics in Ireland.
- Athletics Ireland is the Member Federation for Ireland of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) the world governing body for the sport.
- Athletics Ireland is affiliated to the European Athletic Association (EAA)
- Athletics Ireland is a recognised National Governing Body (NGB) for sport with the Sport Ireland
- Athletics Ireland is a member of the Olympic Federation of Ireland (OFI)
- Athletics Ireland is governed by the current Constitution and Bye Laws of the Association; the IAAF rules and any future amendments.
- Athletics Ireland shall hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM on alternate years shall be a Congress; Minutes of Congress 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015 , 2014 , 2012.
- The Board of Athletics Ireland lead by Chairperson shall be responsible for defining, designing and developing the strategies of the Association.
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) shall be responsible for implementing the strategies and policies adopted by the Board; the day to day running of the Association and reporting accordingly to the Board at its meetings