Strength & Conditioning Workshop Cork IT
There will be a Strength & Conditioning workshop taking place on Wednesday 22nd of October from 7-9pm at Cork IT. It takes place in the red brick building located next to the track stand. The workshop is open to all athletes & coaches aged 16+ only. The cost is €5 payable on the night at registration 6.45-7pm. The workshop will be run by Michael Carroll, see bio below and details of what is to be covered in the workshop.
- Physiological and Biomechanical needs analysis of running
- Pros and cons of athlete screening and assessments
- Evidence based strategies to improve running economy (key area by which s&c seems to be of benefit to runners)
- How to fit S&C into a weekly plan
- Basic screening + Assessment
- Plyometrics/power training for runners - from basic to advanced, and how to choose appropriate level
Michael Carroll Bio
- BSc Sport & Exercise Science UL (1:1)
- S&C coach to All-Ireland winning Cork Senior Camogie team 2014
- Fitnessworx and Moveworx affiliated S&C / Rehabilitation coach working with a broad range of people ranging from athletes in multiple sports to general population seeking to improve performance and reduce pain.
- Working with some AAI Munster Performance Squad Endurance athletes
For further information please contact Regional Development Officer Steven Macklin at email@example.com or 0876335565.