Athletics Ireland Welcome Spectators Back
Athletics Ireland is pleased to play its part in the government’s outdoor pilot sporting event programme through the hosting of the Irish Life Health National Track & Field Championships over the weekend of the 25th to 27th June.
Capacity at Morton Stadium will be limited to up to 400 supporters on Saturday the 26th of June and 200 supporters for Friday the 25th and Sunday the 27th of June.
In recognition of our members contribution to society during the pandemic, tickets to the Championships will be free and allocated through athletes competing over the weekend via a lottery system. Based on the number of entries across the weekend most athletes will receive one ticket each that they can allocate to a person of their choosing. Note any juvenile athletes are guaranteed a spectator ticket to be allocated to their guardian.
All athletes competing in the Championship this weekend have been communicated with this evening regarding the spectator ticket lottery. Athletes received email communication through the contact email that they entered the Championships to enter the spectator ticket lottery and will be asked to provide contact details including an email and mobile number for their nominated ticket recipient. Note finalists from the heats on Friday night will receive one spectator ticket each for the Saturday finals session, recipient details for these tickets will be collected after the Friday heats.
Hamish Adams, Athletics Ireland Chief Executive, commented, “I would like to thank Sport Ireland and the Government for their approval of our Irish Life Health National Track & Field Championships as a pilot event for the return to spectators. It has been a long time since our members have had the opportunity to attend live competition. This Championship is the first positive step on the journey back to hopefully full attendances at many Club, County, Provincial and National events across the country.”
All tickets will be issued as digital tickets downloaded from our partner www.eventmaster.ie
Spectator Safety COVID Protocols
To help protect you and your fellow supporters, we ask that you comply fully with the following protocols in relation to COVID spectator safety while attending Morton Stadium.
Entry to Morton stadium constitutes your acceptance of the Spectator Safety COVID Protocols and any breach, in line with Stadium Regulations, may result in ejection from the stadium.
- Download your e-ticket to your phone for contactless entry to stadium.
- It is requested that you download and install the HSE COVID-19 Contact Tracing App.
- Make note of your Stadium entry point in advance and arrive at the advised time, there is no parking on site.
- Supporters must remain in their assigned standing area apart from when using amenities.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except when eating or drinking, unless you are under 13 years of age.
- Maintain good hand hygiene by availing of hand sanitiser dispensers provided throughout the Stadium.
- Tickets are not transferrable and must be used by the person named on the e-ticket, please carry personal identification for entry e.g. a drivers licence.
In Advance of Arrival to Morton:
- Do not attend the event if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, are a close contact of a COVID-19 case or have travelled from outside the island of Ireland last 14 days. (Exception to this is a negative Covid PCR test result produced on Day 5 on return to Ireland)
- Do not attend if you travelled to Ireland from Great Britian in the last 14 days.
- Exception of negative PCR test produced on day 5, if fully vaccinated. If not fully vaccinated a further negative PCR test on Day 10.
- It is your responsibility to personally assess your ability to attend if considered a vulnerable person .
At the Event:
- Please follow the directions of the stewards and any signage provided.
- Please observe physical distancing at all times and in all parts of the grounds.
- Face coverings must be worn at at all times, except when eating or drinking, unless you are under 13 years of age.
- Please proceed to your allocated standing area and remain there until exiting unless using amenities .
- Avoid contact with others who are not in your social bubble.
- When moving past others in a standing area, please avoid face to face contact with other spectators.
- If you feel ill, please contact your closest steward for assistance.
- Please be patient and observe all codes of behaviour.
Other Points to Note:
- Contact information provided at ticket issue and seat allocation will be kept for up to 28 days to facilitate contact tracing.
- A free digital programme will be available to download for the Championship from www.athleticsireland.ie
- You are advised to bring your own refreshments as no food or drink facilities will be available on site at Morton stadium.
- This event is live streamed and will be live on RTE on the Saturday afternoon.
Irish Government COVID Tracker app: https://covidtracker.ie