Dynamic New Athletics Set For Glasgow 2022
European Athletics has announced that Dynamic New Athletics Indoor (DNA), a new mixed-gender, fast-paced, short and compact team athletics event, will be taking place at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow, Scotland on 5 February 2022.
This event will be a showcase for a new format of men and women competing together in athletics with England, Scotland and Wales - taking part along with Ireland, Spain and Turkey.
The six teams will be competing across 10 disciplines vying to be crowned the Dynamic New Athletics Indoor Champions 2022.
This will be the first-ever indoor version of the previously launched outdoor Dynamic New Athletics event.
More information under can be found at www.dna.run
Speaking at the announcement, Cherry Alexander OBE, Vice President of European Athletics said: “I am absolutely delighted to be working again with Glasgow Life and EventScotland delivering European Athletics Dynamic New Athletics next February at the Emirates Arena. Scotland has proved itself time and time again to be an amazing friend to athletics and we're excited to bring this innovative competition here to engage with younger audiences and inspire them to be active. The Emirates is the place to be on 5th February".
Athletics Ireland Director of High Performance, Paul McNamara said; “We are delighted to be presented with this novel competition opportunity by European Athletics, Glasgow Life and EventScotland. Our first experience of DNA came at the 2019 European Games in Minsk and proved a positive experience for all. The addition of World Ranking points makes this an attractive competition opportunity for our leading athletes, whose experience will be enhanced by the dynamic, fast-moving and thoroughly enjoyable team-based environment. We look forward to competing close to home in this exciting format and to the warm welcome of our friends in Scotland.”
- England vs. Scotland vs. Wales vs. Ireland vs. Spain vs. Turkey
- 6 Teams: Mixed men & women, up to 16 athletes in each team, focus on team tactics and strategy.
- 2 Hours: Fast-paced sequence of events, only one event at a time.
- 10 events: Focus on run, jump & throw, traditional & new formats presented in a new way.
- Easy scoring: Everything counts, 2 to 12 points for each event - 12 points for 1st place to 2 points for 6th place.
- Winner: The last event (the Hunt) will decide the winning team.
Glasgow, Emirates Arena
Saturday 5th February 2022