“HER Outdoors” will take place from 9th – 15th August
A new initiative from Sport Ireland “HER Outdoors” will take place from 9th – 15th August which will celebrate women and girls in the outdoors.
Sport Ireland HER Outdoors Week is an opportunity for ALL females to escape to the outdoors and perhaps try something new.
This campaign looks to empower females to find what the outdoors means to them by redefining the perception of outdoor sport whilst evoking the excitement that comes with discovering the outdoors.
Similarly, redefining what ‘sporty’ looks like and reframing what sense of pride and achievement is felt when participating is crucial to the increased and sustainable engagement of females in sport.
Athletics Ireland are looking for clubs and members to engage in a number of ways.
What we’re looking for from clubs;
- If there is a particular coach/committee member/athlete in your club you wish to highlight please let us know so we can show case on our social media channels.
- If you have any unique ideas you’d love for us to highlight during this week please get in touch, e.g. you may want to do a “This is our club and you're welcome along"
As a club you may want to;
- Put on a “Come and Try” session to engage potential new members.
- Highlight a female coach (es) / committee member (s) on your social channels.
- Highlight a male (s) within the club who is helping to engage more females in the club/supporting females in roles within the club on your social channels.
What outdoors activities have you and your girls got planned? We want females everywhere discovering the fun and freedom of the outdoors.
- Ignite that sense of adventure with a Walk, Jog, or Run and share your epic outdoor selfies with us using #FindYourOutdoors
- Why not get in your 2K-A-Day with the family this week and tag us in your outdoor selfies with us using #FindYourOutdoors.
- Why not pop us a selfie of you enjoying your walk or run with your four-legged friend ��
The Sport Ireland Outdoors logo, Her Outdoors Logo and Athletics Ireland logo must be included on all print, online and digital assets in the lead up to and throughout HER Outdoors Week.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please tag the following in each social media post @SportIreland @AthleticsIreland
- Compulsory - #FindYourOutdoors #HEROutdoorsWeek
- Optional additions- #WomeninSportIRE