Job Opportunity: Athletics Ireland Seeks Participation Manager
Athletics Ireland is the National Governing Body for Athletics in Ireland. Athletics Ireland’s Head Office is based at Northwood Court, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9. Athletics Ireland is a company limited by guarantee with approximately 35 employees. For further information, please see our website at www.athleticsireland.ie
An exciting opportunity exists to become part of the Athletics Ireland participation events team as Participation Manager reporting to the Director of Participation. Pre Covid19 Athletics Ireland owned, or event managed for other parties 20 mass participation events and approximately 30 summer camps yearly. Athletics Ireland aspires to create further participation opportunities for all throughout the community and this role will be essential to support the delivery of these new opportunities.
The Role Responsibilities
Assisting the Director of Participation in the following areas:
- Delivering mass participation events on time, within budget, that meet customer expectations
- Communicating, maintaining, and developing client and sponsor relationships
- Identifying new opportunities in the participation space with the Director of Participation
- Managing supplier relationships
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure events are delivered efficiently
- Travelling to onsite inspections and project management meetings
- Creating and being responsible for project budgets
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
- Working with and leading the events team to set up, deliver and de-rig events
- Coordinate and assist with the delivery of Summer Camps
- Organised with ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Capable of reporting and tracking progress of key areas of responsibility
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing communication environment
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Eager to Learn
- Ability to multitask/work on several projects simultaneously
- Prompt and dependable
- Flexible with regards hours, TOIL system in operation for additional hours worked
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Publisher
- Technology –Create signage and draw maps, project management
- Health & Safety- some qualification, ability to write Event Management Plans
- Innovation – improving events every year
- Sales – work with marketing on sales promotion, interpreting survey results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Understanding the importance of delivering high level service
- Have own transport and a clean Irish licence as travelling to and from events is a necessity
- Be eligible to live and work in Ireland
Candidates with the following will have an advantage:
- Experience at working on mass participation running events or similar and summer camps
- Be available to work unsocial hours, both weekends and evenings
Education and Experience
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Qualifications (event management / strategic management), Degree educated.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Well-developed networking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player and ability to work on their own initiative.
Remuneration and Location
- The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Position Tenure: 2 year fixed-term full-time contract.
- Position Location: Athletics Ireland Head Office.
- Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory: Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.
- Athletics Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
How to apply
Applications should be emailed to the Athletics Ireland Human Resources Manager: email@example.com with the subject line of: [ATTN: Participation Manager]
Please provide the following when submitting your application:
- Letter of introduction detailing skills and experience relevant to the selection criteria.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining your skills and work experience.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 5pm on Friday the 10th of December 2021
Applicants should note that this job description is not exhaustive and is subject to change as required as appropriate.