SLEEMAN SECURES PB IN WORLD U20 SEMI FINAL
Lucy May Sleeman has posted a personal best of 11.62 in the semi-final of the 100m at the World Athletics U20 Championships in Columbia this morning (Aug 4th).
It resulted in a 6th place finish (Semi Final 3) which was not enough to progress to the final on this occasion, but the top 16 finish does mark another huge milestone in her young career.
Sleeman dealt with the 2 hour delay superbly and will now look to recovery quickly from her exploits as she will return to track action on day 4 of these championships in the heats of the 200m (5.50pm Irish time on Thursday Aug 4th).
Her Irish teammate Lucy McGlynn (Tir Chonaill AC) will also make her second event appearance when she takes to heat 5 of the 100m hurdles at 3.37pm. McGlynn narrowly missed out on progressing to the semi final of the 400m hurdles on Tuesday.
Day 3 results: HERE
Team Ireland Timetable (Irish Time):
Day 4: 4th August
- 3:37pm Lucy McGlynn Women’s 100mH (Heat 5): First 3 of each heat (Q) plus 6 fastest times (q) qualify to Semi-Final
- 5:50pm Lucy May Sleeman Women’s 100m (Heat 1): First 3 of each heat (Q) plus 6 fastest times (q) qualify to Semi-Final
Day 5: 5th August
- 9.11pm Nicola Tuthill Women’s Hammer Final
- 11.04pm Nick Griggs Men’s 3,000m Final
RECENT NEWS ITEMS:
- STRONG IRISH TEAM SELECTED FOR EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS: READ MORE HERE
- SILVER FOR KATE O’CONNOR AT COMMONWEALTH GAMES: READ MORE HERE
- GRIGGS & TUTHILL SECURE PLACES IN WORLD U20 FINALS: READ MORE HERE
- MCELHINNEY SMASHES NATIONAL U23 3000M RECORD: READ MORE HERE
- AWESOME ADEMOLA 5TH AT WORLD U20 CHAMPIONSHIPS: READ MORE HERE