2021 National Juvenile Track and Field Championships
Following a recent meeting of the National Juvenile Committee and Regional Competition secretaries, it was unanimously agreed that the 2021 Irish Life Health National Juvenile Track & Field Championships will be held over a number of days in August.
Government guidelines will likely still be in place as we return to competition. The limiting of numbers allowed at any venue will continue to prove challenging for all competition organisers. To allow us to comply with restrictions, it has been necessary to suspend some competitions and amend certain rules for this year only.
The following National Juvenile fixtures will be cancelled for 2021:
- All National Relay competitions for U9-U19, 4x100m and 4x400m
- National Juvenile “B” T&F Championships
However, the National Juvenile U12 to U19 Championships, Juvenile and Youth Combined Events Championships and Children’s Team Games will still be held in August.
The following rules have been brought in for 2021 only:
1. Three athletes from each region qualify to National for U12 to U19 in each event.
2. Athletes can qualify in a maximum of three events in all age groups.
3. All athletes must qualify from their regional championships, including U17, U18 & U19. There will be no OPEN ENTRY. (Athletes on international duty, namely European Juniors, at the time of the provincial Championships are the only exception to this).
It is the intention of the Juvenile committee to facilitate these events while obeying the latest Covid-19 guidelines. There may be updates/changes to previously advertised competition dates and timetables to ensure each event can adhere to these guidelines.
We understand that there will be disappointment on the part of some athletes, coaches and parents and we do appreciate your patience as we negotiate the most efficient pathway back to competition. The athletes and their health and safety are always at the heart of our decision-making process.