Athletics Ireland seeks a Regional Development Officer in the West of Ireland
Applications for the position of Regional Development Officer for the West (Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim) are invited from suitably qualified persons. Athletics Ireland is the National Governing Body for Athletics in Ireland. Athletics Ireland’s Head Office is based at 19 Northwood Court, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9. Athletics Ireland is a company limited by guarantee with approximately 35 employees.
Purpose of Position:
To assist Athletics Ireland’s Development department in achieving its core objectives of:
- Increasing participation and membership
- Developing athletes to their full potential
- Developing coaches to the highest standards
- Developing clubs to their full potential
- Assisting and supporting administrators at all levels and to work with the other Departments within Athletics Ireland
- To assist international athletes to perform to the best of their ability
- To provide appropriate competitive opportunities for all members
Reporting to Athletics Ireland Director of Coaching & Development, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the implementation of current and future development programmes, developing partnerships and coordinating between the relevant local statutory and voluntary bodies involved in the development and promotion of athletics locally, regionally and nationally.
Remuneration and Location
Salary: Band 1, €28,489 (min) to €39,709 (max).
Position Tenure: Six months’ probation, 2 year fixed-term full-time contract.
Position Location: Hybrid working model within location of responsibility and AAI headquarters
Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.
Applications including a cover letter and curriculum vitae should be sent by email with the subject line [ATTN: RDO WEST] for the attention of the Athletics Ireland Human Resources Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday the 7th of October 2022.
Athletics Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.