Discus Coaching Clinic (for Coaches)
Athletics Ireland are hosting a series of Discus Coaching Clinics (for Coaches) commencing on Saturday 5th February 2022 (10am to 4pm) at Dunboyne Athletics Club.
This clinic is aimed at coaches that want to start coaching Discus. It will cover the following:
- basics of coaching the event
- how to introduce athletes to discus
- the important initial movement skills that can be developed
- Skill progressions that will get athletes turning from day one
- Complementary exercises that every discus thrower will need
The clinic will be given by Garry Power (Senior coach with England Athletics & former Irish International at Discus). This is a great opportunity to develop your skills as a coach. There will also be a follow up coaching day at the start of April, where coaches can further develop and discuss their experiences of skills learned at the first weekend.
This event is open to any coach that wants to get involved in Discus throwing. To sign up for the event and reserve your place, please email your interest to AI's National Field-Event Coordinator, David Sweeney at email@example.com.