- The Level 1 course is focused on the learning to train stage on the LTAD pathway.
- Coaches working at this stage will continue to develop the fundamental skills of the athlete.
- Fun and participation are still the main aims of the course. The course focuses on the development of sports specific skills, learning the correct posture and movements of all running, jumping and throwing events.
- Developing the techniques of running, jumping and throwing.
- Understanding the effects of puberty in developing the young athlete
- Planning and conducting a training session incorporating Running, Jumping and Throwing
- Developing the mental capacities of the athlete towards fair play, discipline, confidence, concentration etc.
- Developing the fundamental skills of Running, Jumping and throwing and making them more sport specific
- Continuing the development of athletics in a fun environment
- Child Welfare and Safety in events
Duration: This is a course over 2 weekends (25 hours)
Entry Requirements: Level 1 is open to all those 18 years or older who have completed an Athletics Leader course or an Assistant Coach course.
- Practical assessment and continuous assessment throughout the course.
- Sample training session
- Observed Practice
- Oral assessment
Cost: €100 - Included in the price for this course is a Coaching Manual.