The Mission of Athletics Ireland
Athletics Ireland has a mission to support and develop the athletes of Ireland of all ages, disciplines and abilities.
Strategic priorities for the period 2013 to 2016.
- To promote the growth of the sport of athletics, health and fitness generally among our members.
- To support the achievements of our elite athletes, in particular by implementing the High Performance Plan already published.
- To build on the existing base of Coaches and Officials.
- To promote the sport of athletics among Juveniles and Schools.
- To promote health and fitness in the population as a whole.
- To further develop the supporting infrastructure.
- To ensure good governance and financial stability.
Specific objectives are outlined in each of these priority areas and a pathway outlined to their delivery by 2016 in the Strategic Plan